From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 09:29:51 -0400
On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Mary wrote:

> Thank you to Louise, Oliva, Rachel and everyone else for your kind replies.
>
> I guess my question also is......wouldn't it help his overall health simply
> to be outdoors and walking around more? Like, the more I can promote his
> overall health, with exercise, sunshine, fresh air, as well as fresh meat
> and fat.....

Mary, I only have one question for you.  Given all the things
that you have mentioned, not to mention the things that others
have added, why *wouldn't* you home school your son, if you are
in a position to do so?  Why do you hesitate at all?

> It takes a lot of guts to pull him out as he has his own aide, etc,  but
> sometimes I think a paleo person would have been doing a lot more walking
> and a lot less sitting in toxic fumes of the classroom.

Have you asked him what *he* prefers?  Having an aide/TSS is only
an advantage in the environment where he needs one.  If he
wouldn't need one in a home school setting it is no disadvantage
not to have one.

You have listed many advantages to home school, and not one
disadvantage.  I can't think of any disadvantages either, unless
he just doesn't want to do it.

Todd Moody