From:
John Eley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 12:40:13 -0400
I had been curious about this myself.  I was trying to reconcile the
role of insulin in fat storage with the availability of relatively
simple sugars in the paleolithic diet.  It occurred to me that the fat
storage properties of insulin may have been an adaptation which allowed
human to store enough fat during the late summer months to get through
the winter when food would be more difficult to obtain.  Any thoughts on
this?  I would really be interested to know how Arthur DeVany feels
about this.