From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 09:07:20 -0700
Hi Kathleen,

 but the mouth cracking
>is somewhat painful and actually disfiguring.
I had this symptom when I accidently ingested gluten and when I eat
sunflower seed butter. You must be intolerant to something you are eating.
Sometimes it takes quite a while to discover what food is causing the
symptoms.

We still both simply eat too many
>calories for our sedentary needs.
I remember a book called Calories Don't Count. Getting that albatros off
one's shoulders is a nice relief. I think calories were developed by Mr.
Kellogg to measure the energy of grains?
 I always had weight problems until I started eating only REAL food. Now I
eat all the time without guilt and I only gain muscle.

>a diet with some yogurt, some beans and grains, and much less meat and
meat fat.
The most common allergens are dairy, beans - especially soy, and grains!
Fat actually helps weight loss!

>I simply don't knoweiw! I am quite hypogl
>ycemic, and certainly need lots of protein.
High fat meat and fish!

>I know that this is "heresy," but I feel much better (more even blood sugar)
>when I eat cheese!
Heresy is right!

You will find that if you eat meat, vegetables, fruit, nuts and seeds that
you will lose weight. You will also discover some allergens along the way.
Almonds, nutbutter, gluten and soy do me damage.
I am still trying to track down what is causing my muscles to to twitch.

Life is a series of allergic reactions.

Good luck!
Susan