From:
Mary Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:08:48 EDT
In a message dated 6/24/99 12:14:41 PM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Wouldn't a BARF diet be healthy for humans as well? >>

I suppose it's time to introduce myself (although a two week lurk is
extremely short for me).  I've fed my dogs a BARF diet for the past year with
great results.  It finally occurred to me to apply the same "what did they
evolve on" philosophy to myself and here I am.....

Barf is the doggie equivalent of Paleo.  While Paleo is not balanced for a
dog, BARF is not balanced for people.  It's mostly a matter of juggling the
ingredients; they get more meat, I get more veggies.  Their meat has soft
bones (turkey necks are a big favorite!), I may chew my bones but I don't
"eat" them.

<<But does anyone here eat raw bones?? >>

Can't speak for anyone else, but I don't.  Dogs are equipped to digest bones
-- their digestive enzymes are much stronger than ours.  If I tried to eat
the same bones I'd be in the emergency room with a perforated intestines.

Mary Steele