Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 15:49:42 -0400
Mary,

>Anyway, could an 85 year old also get relief from this pain by going on
>paleo diet??He is scheduled for knee replacement surgery.

I am in the same situation as you are, my father is 90 years old, his knees have
give up on all together; he now walks with a walkers, gets tired very easily.

Now that my sister went on a six month holiday to Italy, my niece and I are
taking care of him, I am doing most of the cooking on weekends (since I don't
leave in the area.  I refused to cook a paleo and non paleo meals, so the rest
of the family (my father 90; BIL 74; my niece 32) are now starting to eat paleo.
My father made a comment the other day saying:  that since I am doing the
cooking he doesn't feel as bad as before.  I was glad to hear this and I am
teaching my niece to cook the same way too.

To have an older person change their eating habits is not an easy task, in my
case I put my foot down and they had to go along with it.  Give it a try, I am
sure he will see some improvement.

Good luck to you, Clelia