From:
PAUL TOWNLEY-SMITH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:45:08 -0500
The possibility of not producing the necessary anti-toxins necessary to
digest nuts intrigues me.  I determined that nuts (especially almonds),
eggs, and dairy are at the root of my arthritis which virtually disappears
when these things are excluded from my diet.  However, I am uncertain
whether it is allergy to the actual foods or chemical sensitivity  which
causes the problems.  Exposure to formaldehyde produces the same symptoms in
me, and it is well known in E.I. circles that the above foods are frequently
contaminated with this chemical and/or insecticides etc...  Switching to
organic versions of the food seems to help, but does not eliminate the
problems entirely.  My questions are:
1. does anyone know if the natural toxins in nuts and seeds are in any way
related to any modern chemicals or have cross reactivity with them?
2. which foods in the paleo diet (aside from papaya and pineapple) help
digestion?

As a matter of interest, I was taking Evening Primrose Oil to help with the
flushing of rosacea, and started taking Carlson's salmon oil and including
fresh salmon in our diet  to balance with it at the suggestion of someone in
this group.  The salmon oil seems to be helping me a lot-it is especially
effective against the arthritis.  Thanks.

Kerry