From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 20:26:08 -0400
Ben Balzer wrote:

> There was and remains no
>evidence for any diet helping or worsening acne

I have heard of anecdotal reports where a dairy-free or gluten-free diet
cleared it up. More of the former than the later. Then in W.J. Lutz's
article "The Colonisation of Europe and Our Western Diseases", where he
blames ills in grain consumption he writes:

"In over thirty years of clinical practice, I have found, as published in
numerous papers and several books (3, 4), that diet works well against
Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, multiple sclerosis, heart failure,
acne and other problems."

>Now, psoriasis, illness and diet. Where do all the bad things in the diet
>come from ? SEEDS- eg wheat, barley, beans,corn, etc. If you want to
>eliminate toxins, eliminate seeds. Nature puts toxins into seeds. Nuts are
>seed kernels too.

But nuts have hard protective shells to keep animals from eating them. They
don't need toxins to keep them from being eaten.

>Attenborough made
>it clear that fruits were offered to animals so they would carry away the
>uneaten seeds and deposit them in a pile of dung so that a new plant could
>grow, benefiting both parties.

To an extent. Berries, with very small seeds, would have the seeds digested
if the animal eating them was bigger than a bird. So they have thorns to
discourage large animals from eating the fruit.

Don.

Don.