Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 08:50:22 -0500
    Hi, I'm new to Paleo (both this group and Paleo eating...also Texas Low Carb
group).  It's so sad that the writer couldn't write what you-all told him.  My
goal now is to find a doctor who'll step out on a limb and order the ALCAT for
me.  The [ONLY] Allergist dealing with adults at Duke University Medical Center
told me he didn't' t believe in food allergies or food allergy tests and wouldn't
talk to me after hearing my *documented* case ALL under the care of his Duke
colleagues.

    By way of introduction to this list...I was taking prescribed narcotic
painkillers 24 hours a day to help with the pain of diabetic "neuropathy".  My
Team Duke doctors told me there was nothing more that they could do for me in
terms of pills, so referred me to Duke's only neurosurgeon who performs SCS
(Spinal Cord Stimulation) surgery.  My life after SCS would include not being
able to go through security gates (at airports, libraries, etc.), not being able
to sit for long periods, no more MRI's or fibrillation if I needed either, plus
"maintenance" surgeries for the rest of my life.  The bottom line on SCS is that
only 58% of patients have success after this surgery and, of these "successful"
patients, only 50% had increased pain control after 16 months.

    Nope, I don't think so!!!  I had nothing to lose after hearing that this was
my only chance out of the pain. A dear friend had heard about NeanderThin and was
eating Paleo with remarkable results.  Her severe "arthritis" was leaving.  So, I
decided to try it, not really believing it would help.

    In the last month, I've actually had 2 completely pain free days and many
more days with minimal pain.  That is, until I hit a food intolerance where I get
severe "arthritic" pain (which I used to think was part of the neuropathy).  I'm
now starting an Elimination Diet, trying to identify my "Paleo correct"
intolerance foods while I try to find an area doctor who'll give me the ALCAT.

    Thank you, Ray!!!!!

        Lois