Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 19:34:13 -0500
Donna H wrote:

> Barry Adamski wrote about how lots of fat helped with ketosis, and
> presumably weight loss? I was curious whether anyone else here is
> finding (true to Neanderthin principles, I think?) that *high* calorie
> counts with very significant fat intake (and low carbs) is helping
> them lose weight? I've been tracking what I eat at www.dietwatch.com
> (great graphs!) and my weight loss seems to tie into when I'm eating
> more calories rather than fewer, and when my fat content is quite
> high. I'll need to try doing this a bit longer before I vouch for it,
> but so far those do seem to be the confounding yet happy results.
This was true for me, at least when I had more to lose. (Used to eat
4,000 - 5,000 calories a day, mostly fat and still lose fat. And it's
not like I had too much to lose. At my heaviest I was just over 200lbs,
fairly muscular) Hard to say if it's still true now, since I am fairly
low body fat %.

Ilya