From:
"L. Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 13:20:58 -0600
You wrote...

><<<I think it is a good idea to know something about who you are posting
>with after all we are a community of sorts..it makes it a little more
>personal and who knows you may make fast friends with some people that
>you have things in common with..>>>

In this spirit, I will intro myself to the group. I may have popped in here
or there but have been mainly lurking.

I am a 45 YO mom with two kids (8&10) living in the icy tundra known as
Minnesota. (A displaced Californian who married a boy from Duluth)I am an
aspiring naturopathic nutritionist. (At the rate I am going, it may take
years to hang out a shingle- I am constantly re-inventing myself.)

I am a cancer survivor and have suffered from various maladies,
hypoglycemia chronic fatigue, arthritis and obesity (topping out at 240 at
5'10). I am an ex-athlete who fell into serious disrepair (the cancer and
several accidents) and am still crawling out. A lot of the damage was from
trying to be a "healthy" vegetarian.

Being a former carb addict, I eat no grains or sugar, and eat primarily
meat and vegetables, and some nuts -very little fruit if any.

I am a type O Hunter Gatherer.

I have gone through Protein Power, Atkins, and the ZONE, am still
subscribing to ER4YT (Eat Right For Your Blood Type), and am trying to
follow a strict Hunter Gatherer /Paleo O diet. Very low carb.

The hypoglycemia is a thing of the past and the obesity is no more
(although I still have the last pesky 20 lbs to go). I still struggle with
fatigue and arthritis, though I think there are both improving slowly.

There!

Now that is probably WAY more than you ever would have wanted to know!

I do have a question ...

I try to stay in ketosis most of the time. Usually every night, I am in
pink to purple range, and every mooring lately I find I am totally out of
ketosis. By evening I am back in ketosis. I do have a tendency to eat nuts
in the evening as a snack but other than that I eat no more than 20-30
g/carbs a day -all vegetable. Why would I be thrown out of ketosis in the
morning after fasting all night?

I know not all of you are ketogenic low-carbers per se, but does anyone
have any ideas?

Thanks,
Louise