From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 21:29:54 +0100
Is there anyone who knows how to cook yam. At last I have found
a source of this tuber, that I know the following about:
-There is evidence that it was eaten in west Africa 50000 years ago.
-Some species are poisonous raw, others are no.
The store where I bought it only knows that it is from Uganda and
nothing more. I taste a little raw, and got a burning feeling in
the back of my mouth within one minute, so I guess I have to cook it :-(

- Hans