From:
Gary Vincent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:25:28 -0600
>In my case I thought I was eating the best diet I could for my
health....
>Then I got really sick and gained even more weight.

In other words, you were not consuming the best diet you could
nutritionally.

That's exactly right.  Which is why I now eat a Paleo diet and I also think
I am one of a lucky few...this is only the third diet change I tied before I
got it right.  My second stab at is was a gluten free diet.  If I wouldn't
have had the health problems I did I may have tried 20 different diets to
loss weight that didn't work and were also suppose to be nutritionally good
for me.

>My point is how are people suppose to just know what the best
>nutritional diet is?  I thought I was doing every thing right by eating
>low fat diet and exercising.

You are not supposed to "just know".  We are bombarded and confused by
all the hooey surrounding food these days.  Just consider all the
sophisticated advertising and conflicting nutritional information.

Right on Mr. Crocker.

>Your statement "a" makes no sense to me.  "b" makes no sense to me
>either. I have been on a Paleo diet for eight months now and I know I
eat
>far more calories then I did when I was sick and overweight.

Good for you.  I hope you are healthier as well.  I have no doubt that a
person can eat more calories if they choose on a diet which is wholesome.
BTW - how do you know your caloric intake, did you keep accurate notes?
If not, I suggest that you may be consuming less calories than before,
and just feeling more satisfied now.  This could be due to the body
getting proper nutrition, and not needing any more.

Touché,  I really don't know how many calories a day I eat now. I have no
need to keep track as long as I only eat Paleo foods.  When I ate low fat I
had to keep track of calories and fat grams.  I don't remember now for sure
but I think my calorie limit was 1200 a day.  There was some formula to
figure it out and another formula to figure how much fat and so on and so
forth.  Yesterday I had two eggs for breakfast.  A hand full of almonds
between breakfast and lunch.  Lunch, leftovers...Rays chili (made with elk
burger) over lettuce.  Dinner, beef steak and left over steamed carrots.
Evening,  sliced apple and banana with coconut milk on it.  Seems like that
would be more than 1200 calories but I didn't figure it up.  So far today
I've had two eggs, three pieces of side pork, half an onion that I kind of
cooked in the grease, a banana and a cup of orange juice.  I don't know what
I'm having for dinner yet.

Patti