From:
Mark Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 17:01:35 -0700
On Thurs Oct. 6, 1998 Amadeus wrote:
>>If you discover a lacking stuff, that's in >>somewhere you tend to
have cravings >>for.... bingo :-)

I find that several posts make this implied assumption:  the body craves
foods that are good for it.  I have learned the hard way not to trust
the cravings of my body.  In fact it seems just the opposite--my body
seems to crave the foods that are bad for it.  I feel i am not alone
when i look at the industries built on alcohol, tobacco, cocaine, and
sugar.

I don't know this but i'm willing to bet that people with scurvy do not
crave foods rich in vitamin C.

Greg Wadley proposes one explanation of cravings based on the evolution
theory in a paper found at:
http://www.nildram.co.uk/veganmc/cravings.txt

Craving health,
mark