From:
Aaron Sugarman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 12:17:59 EDT

<< Hmmm ... your intentions are good, but I really hate the idea of yet
 another tax.  And a tax on food is bound to be unpopular.  Could you turn
 it around?  Go for a tax *break* for natural foods.  As I recall, some
 states (California is one) have a "snack tax" on foods sold in small
 packages.  Maybe you could get an exception to that for certain foods? >>

Interesting,

I feel the same way actually, and sometimes I just feel like educated the
people I come in contact with and leaving Big Brother out of it all together
as they don't seem that interested in really giving people the true facts.

That was a generalization ;)

<<Now this seems like a better idea.  A public school is a local entity; it's
small enough that a single concerned parent, or a small number, could get
the ear of an administrator and make a real difference.>>

I've thought of this as well.  Maybe I'll go the local route, and let it
spread, as that seems where I'm most effective anyway, dealing one on one with
people...

Thanks...

Aaron