From:
Buji Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 15:16:13 -0700
Robert McGlohon wrote:
>        I have a couple of suggestions for such a guideline list:
>
>        * Posts should refrain from attacking the central tenets of a
>paleo diet, as described in Neanderthin.

I enjoy this list, and almost all of the postings. I would hate to see it
fail, or be constrained. I look upon it as a largely empirical or rational
list. Not a cheerleader list.

 But the ideas behind the paleodiet idea are very much a hypothesis, not a
set of established facts. To get an idea of how contentious some of tthe
issues are, scientifically, look  at the archives of the paleodiet
ist.( Carried on the same Maelstrom server as paleofood) The posters are
experts who are sympathetic to the idea, but they hardly agree on anything.

Neanderthin, as a book and a set of guidlines, has made on definition of
what a paleodiet might be, when mapped onto today's dietary choices. The
chances that it accurately delimits what a healthy modern diet would be, are
vanishingly small.

Its a start, that's all. Ray himself said as much a few days ago.

What some list participants are seeking is premature closure, because
uncertainty is uncomfortable, especially when one is uncertain about
important things.

Personally, I feel that some threads are wronheaded. So what! Its not my
private list. I think if people could read or not read whatever they want,
and if they want to disagree, do so politely, things would go swimmingly!

That's my speech!

Michael.