NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rachele Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:09:42 -0500
Rachele--48, LI born as such.  Could drink cows milk by age 1 when started
producing enough lactase and then by late teens lactase production trailed
off enough that started to have problems again.  I can have some dairy
without problems.

Son, age 8, born severely allergic to milk protein--hives and diarrhea.
When born got hives just by getting milk on his skin, and hives on entire
body if ingested it. Now over the years (we were very strict with no dairy
for him) we discoverd by age 4 that some milk cooked into things didn't
bother him.  What a joy to let him eat a baked good that we aren't sure has
some milk or butter in it.  Still, however, fresh milk or some cheese or
cream will give him hives on his eyes and a stomach ache.

On list for about 4 years.

Rachele Shaw