NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 15:16:05 -0700
On Thu, 12 Aug 1999 12:32:11 -0500 Patricia McGovern
<[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Sherbet generally does have milk in it in the U.S.  Sorbet is difficult
>to find but really isn't supposed to be dairy based -- but as far as I
>know there's no law or anything to prevent it you'll need to check
>closely.

Be careful.  Sherbert may contain dairy and usually contains egg whites.
Sorbet is USUALLY OK, but remember that manufacturers can call their
product by whatever name they want.  I'm not sure there is any legal
requirements on the names, so check ingreds.

Kathy P.