NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynda Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 12:47:06 EDT
Here is an announcement for a new listserv for parents of kids with *all
types* of food allergies.  It is for issues regarding *all* food allergies
(not just milk) so those of you with kids with other types of food allergies
as well as milk, may find another place to discuss your concerns about those
types of issues.

Here is a description of the list purpose.  It has just been started by a
parent of a peanut allergic child:

The name of the list is POFAK  (stands for "Parents of Food Allergic Kids")
Here is an excerpt from the list's description.

"The purpose of the group is to share both the positive and
negative experiences we encounter as we bring up our children
with severe food allergies, in societies  which oftentimes do
not take food allergies seriously, nor are very well informed
about them.  I hope that we can offer each other emotional
support, as well as compare notes on how we approach situations
such as insuring our chilren are safe while they attend
school, tips on what we do when  we travel or they attend school
field trips, and just about any other situation that you
would like to share about. "

Lynda