CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
alister air <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:45:25 +1000
At 17:37 22/03/00 -0800, Tresy Kilbourne wrote:

>You know, your presence on this list is very valuable. You perform a
>function much like Anthony Lewis and other left-liberal journalists do in
>Chomsky's media critiques; that is, by defining the outer boundaries of
>permissible dissent in your culture (taking you at your word to be a left
>activist, Serb style), you give those of us unable to visit the abbattoir
>known as Greater Serbia a very good idea of just how racist and chauvinist
>your society's core values are. And that goes a long way to helping explain
>how citizens in a society such as yours can do such horrific things each
>other.

Glass houses, Tresy (what, you don't think it possible that your country
could do the same thing?  By the way, how many children have died in US
schools today?).

As an aside, anyone from the US got any reaction as to the NRA lying about
Australian crime stats since we banned automatic weapons?  Anyone find it
strange that their "statistics" are almost the exact opposite of what's
*actually* happened?

Alister

"If anarchists are capable of authoritarian attitudes ... I should
no more hail one as a comrade, sight unseen, than I would a state
trooper or used-car dealer.  The label is not a warranty."
         -- My Anarchism Problem by Bob Black --