CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Issodhos @aol.com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 12:22:46 EST
In a message dated 2/9/00 0:56:19 AM EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

> Issodhos, who are these "fellas like you", that you and other great
>  patriots have been defending Liberty against?    Yes Sir, Isoddhos has
>  to make that Liberty with a capital L!    So Andrej should just shut his
>  mouth along with the other Reds?
>
>  Andrej calls on others to help respond to the Serb baiting that Tresy
>  constantly resorts to.    This is hardly a call to suppress free speech.

    Well fella;-), from your bombastic blather it's clear you are deficient
in reading comprehension.  "Fellas like you" was an obvious reference to
those who mouth platitudes about freedom of expression while urging the
restraint of someone else's freedom of expression.

>  Your cry about the horrors of being labeled  "racist, nazi, and facist"
>  is also an old script.      It's the standard we-got-to-
>  stop-pc-Leftists-lament of people like Rush Limbaugh.      Makes us just
>  want to cry.      Boo hoo hoo.     How mistreated you patriots have
>  been!

    Again, attempt a more accurate reading of my post, Tony.  I emit no
emotional cries of horror but, rather, point out that "fellas like you";-)
have reduced such words to hackneyed status by inappropriate and self-serving
overuse -- just as you are now trying to do by labeling me with  the codeword
"patriot" which to "fellas like you";-) is a pejorative.

    And I have dealt with Tresy's misguided belief that we were involved in a
moral effort in the sky over Yugoslavia, but Trescy's lumping of all Serbs
into one is a case of stereotyping, not racism, and all the adolescent
squealing of "fellas like you";-) won't change that.
Yours,
Issodhos