CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wat Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 18:56:21 -0800
Issodhos @aol.com wrote:
>I suspect that once the orgasmic glow has begun to recede, the non-liberal
. . .
>    And when it is all said and done, one has to ask whether we deserve
>anything different.  Each time the sides are drawn we end up being nothing
>more than flip sides of the same material loving coin.  We are fighting over
>a pie to determine WHO gets to CONTROL the size of the portions and to whom
>they will be distributed.  "Democracy", "Liberty", "Rights" are simply
>gibberish strewn along the path as so much chaff meant to disguise the real
>prize upon which we keep our collective eye.
>Yours,
>Issodhos

For strict Marxists, it might seem that the overall system makes political
action completely impotent.
Fortunately, we are not all strict Marxists and don't all believe that the
essentialism drives the parts.
The obvious answer is to get the interested parties to lay out the rules of
the game so the game doesn't screw big labor or small labor or tree-huggers
etc. But isn't this much of the point of Chomsky -- the human possibility
to escape humanly-instituted coercion?