CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Abdo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 17:24:51 -0600
It's easy to see,  that Pat Buchanan has now effectively positioned
himself,  far to the Left of any Democratic or Republican Party
candidates.      Also sad to say,  that he appears to have positioned
himself to the Left, of many "Green" and "Social Democratic" formations,
also.     At least in the eyes of the public, that don't have
telescopes,  to find the progressive foreign policy positions of
Leftists,  so seemingly non-committed to building any sort of PEACE
Movement in the US.

Many of these "Left" organizations,  will quickly be engaged in building
the campaign of Gore or Bradley!      They will bleat away about "peace"
and "tolerance".    The "peace"  rhetoric of Pat will look to many,  to
be much more sincere and convincing,  than that of the Democrats,  or
say......Ralph Nader.

I can hear now, all the tepid lectures of Liberals,  about why Pat is so
bad..... But look at the record of Liberals and "Leftists" on building
an antiwar movement.      Out of desperation, many sincerely appalled at
US world-wide terrorism,  might even consider tossing in a vote for Pat!

It's tempting!      If I had to choose between,...antiwar.com... or the
Michael Albert stifled...ZNet...      I think I'd go .....?      Check
out Pat at work, below......

Sincerely, Tony Abdo

http://www.csis.org/html/sp991216Buchanan.html