CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Robert G. Grimes" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 12:35:53 -0400
Folks,

After searching the works of Professor Michel Chossudovsky I can only conclude that he is on tenure....

But, because of the language problem at Ottawa University, I was unable to truly search out all of the data that I
wanted.  I certainly agree with some of the conclusions but it is all entirely too extremely  "conspiratorial" for my
tastes.

The primary distinction between what gets people involved or not involved is that when the victims "look more like us,"
we tend to take notice because we "identify."  This is indeed a typically selfish attitude that is not particularly
admirable but it is certainly more understandable.  Rather, we should deplore this short sighted, selfish aspect and at
least appreciate that we do care when such things are taking place even if it takes quite a disturbance to overcome our
"comfortable" inertia.

I did enjoy reading the material and agreed with many conclusions (but not necessarily to the degree or import) even
though I felt it rather, to a degree, shrill and conspiratorial.   To expect all of the nations involved to ignore
their own interests would really be ill informed....  We are, after all, simply social animals with fanciful but
admirable hopes of improving our value systems...

Cordially,

Bob

"F. Leon Wilson" wrote:

> Comments?

Snipped for brevity....
--
Bob Grimes

http://members.aol.com/bob5266/
http://www.hotwired.com/members/profile/bobinjax/
http://www.phonefree.com/Scripts/cgiParse.exe?sID=28788
Jacksonville, Florida
[log in to unmask]      [log in to unmask]     [log in to unmask]

Man is not in control, but the man who knows the is not in control is more in control...

Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore....."