CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Koenig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 14:16:10 -0700
Sorry, Martin, but  there have been so many posts about this matter that I have
not kept track of who has said what.  I was responding to a post that began
"DDeBar wrote:"  Obviously, I stand by my statement that I  take issue with
Clinton and anybody else who is using the term "genocide"  too freely.  In fact I
consider such frivolous usage to be insulting to the Holocaust victims and
survivors alike.  Nowhere in the post in question did I make any criticism or
other disparaging remark about you or your opinions.  I regret that any offence
was taken.  As you note, I agreed . . . .that the term genocide is being used a
bit too freely.   If DDeBar was using the term too freely then I disagree with
DDeBar.    Dan Koenig