C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
UCP of DCNoVA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 20:29:10 EDT
                   United Cerebral Palsy of
                Washington & Northern Virginia

December 20, 1998

Dear Fellow Advocates,

We are pleased to share the good news that Jill Jacobs has agreed to join us
in our mission at United Cerebral Palsy of Washington, DC and Northern
Virginia (UCP).
Jill came on board at the beginning of December, and as might be expected,
she has already mounted an enthusiastic campaign or two!

You will remember Jill from her work with the National Organization on
Disability's FDR in a Wheelchair Campaign.  The triumph of that endeavor is
well known, and we are fortunate to have the opportunity to tap into the
resources that made Jill a very significant player on NOD's winning team.

In addition, Jill has participated in projects with the Army Exceptional
Family Member Program, Americans with Disabilities Vote, On a Roll Radio,
and TASH.  She has traveled to Europe as an American disability rights
delegate representing Mobility International, USA, and serves on the Board
of Directors of the World Association of Persons with disABILITIES.

Through her many efforts to create equality of opportunity on behalf of
children with disabilities, Jill has earned a very positive reputation as a
spirited advocate. As the mother of four children, two of whom have Cerebral
Palsy, her dedication and commitment are easily understood, yet seldom
matched.  Jill was recently awarded the 'Making a Difference Award' from the
Parent Education & Advocacy Training Centers of Virginia.

Obviously, we are delighted to have the good fortune of adding to our superb
staff yet another individual who personifies UCP's tenet "Advancing the
Independence of People with Disabilities".  If you haven't already, I expect
you will probably be hearing from Jill soon in her new role as United
Cerebral Palsy of Washington DC and Northern Virginia's Development
Director. Please join us in welcoming her!

Warmest Regards,

Ted Bergeron
Executive Director
United Cerebral Palsy of