Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
List Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 13:02:23 -0700
Posted on behalf of  Doug Simmons  <[log in to unmask]>  by List Moderator

I have always used IBM ThinkPads and did not have this problem/situation
with any of them.
I just purchased a Toshiba Satellite 2595 laptop for my daughter. It has
among other things a 14.1 inch Active LCD display and a Trident 2 Meg
display adapter. It has Windows 98 loaded.
The problem: It came with the display set to 1024 x 768 display and High
Color(16 bit). Had a beautiful display but icons that are too small for
her liking. I thought a simple matter to reduce the display to 800 x 600,
leaving at 16 bit color, and it would have larger and display features (as
I do all the time with my IBM LCD). Wrong. The icons are the same size.
The display reduced to 800 x 600 by making a black border around a small
display in the middle. I have not found anyway to make it stretch out to
fill the entire 14.1 screen with larger icons like my ThinkPad does. Does
anyone have a similar Toshiba and is this the way they really work?
TIA

Doug Simmons

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html