Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 22:20:00 +1000
Thankyou all!

"Jose E. Dominguez" wrote:

> The ideal way to overcome your problem, and have a rock solid NT setup, is
> as follows.

I already did this as my boss asked me to set the machine up before launch time
(otherwise we lost $5000.00). buy thanks anyway. I'm wondering if MS could build
NT SP4 into NT disk, that will solve lot of problems.

> The ideal would be a system partition big enough to setup a permanent Page
> File of twice your RAM plus 16 megs, format this partition with 4K clusters.
> Another partition for programs also with 4K clusters. One or more partitions
> to store data, these you can format with smaller clusters if you like. If
> something should go wrong, all you have to is re-install on the system
> partition and your data will be intact. The programs you'll have to install
> again since they always write a little bit on the C drive.
>
> The permanent Page File should be contiguous. The only way to achieve this
> is to set a permanent Page File on the D partition and then defrag the C
> partition till there's enough room for the Page File to be contiguous.

I would tell my client about this next time for another NT machine.

Thankyou again.

J Qian

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>