Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 19:51:16 GMT
7bit
From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:21:06 -0400, Subscribe Paleofood Anonymous
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Numerous archives, however, indicated that women have difficulty losing on the plan and may even gain weight.

Women always have more difficulty losing weight than men, and the reason is not
very complicated (although solutions can be).  Pregnancy (and the monthly cycle
that mimics it) is specifically designed to add weight and fat.   Attempts to
alter the female hormonal situation to counteract this, often end up with far
worse effects like cancer.

Since weight loss is basically dependent on caloric intake and/or energy
expenditure and/or insulin levels, it seems that women benefit even more from
lowering carbohydrate intake and exercising.

PS Your wrote: " I find that the flaxseed helps make up for the lack of fiber
from cutting out all grains."   Unless you are doing an Eskimo-like meat-only
diet, you should be getting lots of fiber from fruits and vegetables, especially
salads.

--
Cheers,

Ken                         <*>