Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Greg Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 13:49:56 -0500
Going on a mostly paleo diet (Unfortunately I don't enjoy eating meat)
has absolutely cleared up my acne.  No matter what medications or other
tricks I tried I could never get it completely under control but since I
changed my diet it's totally gone.

It's hard for me to say exactly what did it...I had symptoms of hypo,
which led me to the info re: paleo BTW, and wheat reactions.  I think
the grains were the main problem.

So maybe no studies have proven foods to cause acne but I'm not
surprised since I doubt they did long-term studies on it.  Now that my
health has improved greatly I can eat some bread or cookies if I want to
with no problems.  I'd have to go back on a sustained diet high in
grains and other high-carb sources before any evidence of harm from it
would become evident.  I've actually tested this and it took a week of
sustained "bad" eating before I broke down my body's reserves and
crashed again.  That was after only a short time of eating paleo so my
health may be better now.