Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 22:24:30 -0700
>If you walked into his classroom, I bet you would never pick him out.
Before
>paleo, he was destined for an institution and the "vegetable" class. His IQ
>was so low, it could not even be measured. I can't express in words how far
>he has come on the  paleo diet.

Please Mary, I find your attitude disgusting and rude. There are no
"vegetable" humans. My son who has Down syndrome and an IQ of 54 is a
beautiful human being. He reads (even if only 3rd grade level), plays the
piano (in book 2 of Suzuki), tells jokes, enjoys performing magic tricks and
has many other interests. He definitely understands when someone is hurting
his feelings. There are children in his "Vegetable class" with lower IQs and
doing things that would amaze you.
Please try to be a bit more sensitive and realize the value of all humans.
                  Paula (lurking for a while) - Mother of definitely NOT a
"vegetable"