Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Wayne VanTassel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 07:28:56 -0500
At 07:06 PM 6/17/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Brian Chenensky wrote:
>>             Ray Audette (I'm so disappointed, I expected more from you),
>> didn't  you ever learn that that if you don't have anything nice to say,
>> don't open your ________mouth? It's hard enought sticking to this diet
>> without reading how wolves kill by biting necks, etc. How is that supposed
>> to help?
>
>Again I apologise.  I am, by my very nature, an un-civilized man.  I hunt
every day for most of the year (if
>falconry is considered hunting and not merely a specialized form of bird
watching).  During my sojorne at the
>animal shelters, I also saw man's cruelity to animals at its' very worst.
Given a choice of a future life, I
>would still choose to be a domestic animal over a wild one (even a falcon).

There is a very good book on animal domestication by Stephen Budiansky
called _The Covenant of the Wild:  Why Animals Chose Domestication_

Probably Ray is familiar with it.  For everyone else, I highly recommend
it.  It effectively refutes the animal rightist fantasy that animals became
domesticated by being enslaved by humans.

The book is available through amazon.com or other on-line booksellers (It's
probably hard to find in a real bookstore).