Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 13:09:07 -0700
Kim, I don't know if ketosis would "cause" kidney stones or not. But a paleo
diet can be ketogenic or not, depending upon how many carbs you consume.
Neanderthin does not count carbs, but many of us want to lose weight and
find that limiting carbs and being ketogenic is a good way to do that. I
personally am usually in ketosis because I don't eat tons of carbs. My
veggies are cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, etc., and I eat maybe
one piece of fruit per day, along with spices and herbs etc. probably 50g or
so per day, which is low enough for me to be in ketosis, but only
incidentally as I really don't care if I am or not!

So if you want paleo without ketosis, eating more fruit will do the trick
faster than anything else. And you may find that you will lose weight
anyway, even without ketosis.

--Richard (Tarzana)