CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The philosophy, work & influences of Noam Chomsky" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Andrej Grubacic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 04:43:05 +0100
I dont like censorship; I try to respect one , for me precious, advise that
prof Chomsky had once gave:"If we dont believe in freedom of expression for
those we despise, then we
dont believe in it at all" , and I wholeheartedly agree.
 But I have to react when it comes to racism; and this sentance:

> embrace of the "ethnic cleansing hoax" assiduously promoted by Andrej and
> his fellow Serbs,

brings me painfull memories of my father, born in nazi occupation camp, my
relatives, "My fellow Serbs" as it is written in this letter, who had died
because of anti Slav untermensch racism during WW2, and all the people from
my country who had been massacred in recent US attack. It is not important
how many of them were killed. 500 or 50 000. It is important that people had
been killed, both Serbs and Albanians, and they are still being killed.
 Therefore, realizing that free speach has sense only until it recognize
it's limits, I call the moderator of the list, and the participants, to
react because of the display of racism which is being painfull to cope with,
not only for myself, but for the other fellow serbs, boys, pariahs, niggers
and vicious racis ont his list too.
In solidarity,
Liberty and Internationalism,
                       Andrej Grubacic