From:
"Julie A. May" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 1995 14:24:46 -0600

>I beg to differ.  There is harm in self diagnosis.  If you do not have
>CD or DH there is no need to be on a gluten free diet.  Every book I
>have read about CD says that there is no benefit for a normal person
>to be on the diet.  The danger of self diagnosis is that there may be
>something else wrong with you that you will not find out about.  If
>you have CD there is a simple test to prove it, a biopsy.  A biopsy
>after you you have been on the diet for a while is also the best way
>to prove if you are responding to the diet.  But you need the
>benchmark of the first biopsy to see if there is any change.

I have seen many studies that indicate gluten is hard on all human digesive
systems.  I have also seen many studies indicating a better life for
'normal' people who go on GF diets.  In Canada research has been done that
shows many people in prison (not Celiac) beneifited and were less violent on
the GF diet.

Perhaps you could tell me where to find out the flip side?  Is it that there
is no benefit/harm or are their actual cases of harm occuring?
     Julie May - Administrative Assistant for Orbital OnLine Services
       Owner and operator of Celiac & Environmental Illness WEB pages
                 http://www.orbital.net/~jmay/index.html
                      Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada