From:
Barbara Nielsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 19:12:02 EDT

Many thanks to all of you who responded to my query about my several month
long (losing) battle with ecxema.

Most  responses were of the opinion that ecxema is an allergy.  Suggestions
were to avoid dairy products and/or other allergy-prone substances like
peanuts and caffeine.  Some said to try eliminating various products like
soap and creams reminding me that manufacturers change their ingredients.
Some suggested treatment with herbs such as burdock and cleavers, grape seed
and a bioflavanoid, pycnogenol.  Other suggestions were application of
vaseline, triamcinolone  acetonide ointment , Vaseline's 'skin repair' and
emu oil.  Supplements suggested included max epa capsules to supply essential
fatty acids.

It was urgently urged that I rule out DH which my MD had done with a biopsy.
A blood allergy/intolerance test was also recommended.

With so much good advice I began with the easiest.  Although my dermatologist
had told me ther are 30 different types of ecxema and that mine was not the
kind caused by an allergy I eliminated dairy products from my diet two days
ago.  I am 1000 times better and I do think the end (of my rash!) is in
sight.  Coincidence? I think not.

Your responses and offer of further details was heartwarming.  Thank
you.Barbara