From:
Tracey Wolfskill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 14:24:11 -0400

First let me say thanks to all of you who responded to my last question (about a
month ago) about having the blood work done on my 2-year-old son after having a
biopsy which showed flattening of the villi.  I was overwhelmed by the number of
test, and his numbers were all positive for Celiac, so we're now learning to
cook/eat/shop gluten free.  It's a pretty overwhelming task (as you all know),
but we're beginning to get the hang of it.

Now on to the questions.  After getting Kevin's positive results, we decided to
have my 6-year-old anti-body tested.  His IGG (anti-gliadin) result was
elevated, but the others (IGA, EMA, ARA) were normal.  The IGG number was 61
with 43 being the max.  Have any of you seen anything like that?  Any chance it
would be a false positive or that the test was not run properly?  Brian is
basically asymptomatic except that he's about the 5th percentile for weight.
(But so is his dad.)  We go to the GI doctor on Monday and I know he's going to
want to schedule a biopsy.  I really don't want to, but I'm sure we will.

One more questions.  Does anyone know where I can buy/order gf chicken nuggets?
Or have a recipe for them?

Thanks in advace for the help.  Y'all are great!

Tracey Wolfskill
Fort Worth, Texas, USA