From:
Barbara Emch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 13:24:55 EST

Hi Everyone,

I was reading all the posts regarding the wheat starch in the honey glaze of
Honeyglazed Hams and thought I would ask the owner of our local ham shop, Ham
'N' More whether his hams were okay.

Today I talked to Alan Friedkin (330) 759-2383 and he said his glaze contains
pure clover honey, spices consisting of cinnamon, cloves, and allspice.  When
I inquired as to whether he has checked his spices to make sure they are pure,
he said he could research it but it wouldn't be until after the Easter
holiday.  He was quite appalled when I mentioned the wheat starch in the
honeyglaze of the other ham and he said he has three children who are allergic
to wheat so he is very careful about his ingredients.

Unfortunately, he only has two stores, one in Liberty Township OH (330)
759-2585 and the other in Boardman Township OH (330) 726-6300 and these are
both in the Youngstown area.

In addition his hams are not filled with a lot of preservatives so this also
makes them very good.

Barb from NE Ohio