Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 17:06:26 -0700

Thanks to the person who mentioned that Cracker Barrel Sharp Cheddar is
both GF and OK for the lactose intolerant. I got some and must not have
read the ingredients carefully. After finishing it I noticed that it lists
milk.

Well, I would never have eaten it if I'd noticed it listed milk because I'm
as milk intolerant as anyone. More so. Even a quarter of a teaspoon of milk
will ruin me for three days. It hits me much worse than the gluten even.

I'm intolerant to the lactose, and also sensitive to the milk protein.
Anyway, after eating it, I had no reaction whatsoever. Surprise to me!
I cannot drink the Lactaid 100 milk that has all the lactose removed, but
this cheese is great. I'm a cheese lover, and I've been having to make do
with that Kaas soy cheese, which is not too bad toasted on bread or on
sandwiches. But now I can eat real cheese again. Thanks.
I've recommend that it's worth trying carefully for even the most severe
lactose intolerant or casein intolerant. -vance

Ya know, maybe they just listed milk to surprise people. Maybe there's
really not any in it at all :)

Now that's intended to be a joke. See the smiley face? So for those who
tend to take things literally, please don't write me rudenesses.