From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 00:03:34 -0700
-  Insulin is a hormone that
>can trigger the liver to produce cholesterol, however.  Note,
>however, that protein also causes insulin to be released, though
>less so than carbs.

how protein causes insuline to be release ,is it because of  the
carbonhydrate part of a "protein rich food" or because of the aminos acids
themselves?

>> By eating low or no carbs, you can easily reduce the cholesterol
conversion
>> which will result in fatty foods not having much of an impact on the
>> cholesterol levels.
>
>I wish it were so easy, but I have not found it so.  By eating
>low or no carbs, I can reliably send my total cholesterol to over
>300 and keep it there, with most of the increase being in the
>"bad" LDL cholesterol.  This is especially true if I follow the
>high-calorie program that Neanderthin recommends.  To reduce that
>reading, I have learned that I must restrict calories, use leaner
>meats, and favor nuts and olive oil as fat sources, as opposed to
>animal fat.  To date, the lowest reading I have obtained by that
>strategy (over a 2-year period) is 245.

Are you using , grass fed only , or wild  (like in fish or game) , animals
fats.? In my experience a fat from  an obese animal is very disturbing
(sweat and bad nights) while an animal fat from grass fed only or wild ,
animal is not.
it seems to me that high carbonhydrates diet create problematic colesterol
only when they come from denatured sugars (by heat or processing or
extracted from its natural source)
do somebody know someone who eat only undenatured sugars (vegetables and
fruits in their raw state) and get high colesterol level ? i would like to
know.

jean-claude