CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Patty Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 07:54:58 +0000

>> 1.  We keep eating starches, looking for the analgesic effect we expect
>> from our formerly glutenous snacks
>>
>Can anyone elaborate on this analgesic effect?  Mary J.

There is a lot of lore "out there" on the internet about intestinal
malabsorption and morphine-like compounds passing through the intestinal
walls affecting the brain.  This is a matter of nutrients not being
absorbed properly, malfunction of body and brain as a result, stuff
sitting in the intestines without being properly processed, large
molecules improperly passing through the walls that would not do so in a
person with a healthy intestine, etc.

I don't have time to find the exact www addresses this morning (ancient
computer crashes after the third web address), but if you go to one of
the celiac pages on the internet you will surely find links to
"malabsorption" or similar topics.

Patty