AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stanford Obi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 00:16:43 -0600
I am fascinated by your views. There is nothing like an African woman.  We
need to let our African women have their own moment.  It is through this
that they are also enriched and we, as men, are in turn enriched.

It is a direct contravention of womanhood for any man to be privy to the
details of womanly discourse or exchange.  Though many of us would trade
morsels from our dinner plate for a juicy tidbit of information from the
women, this needs not be the case.   My brothers, I have been in this
country long enough to know that there is nothing like an African woman.  I
am guilty of being partial but, I am an African man with full membership.

My Sisters, there is no doubt that when you are happy, fulfilled and feel
that you have a purpose, all Brothers are better for that.  My Brothers,
how many of you would would like to come home or have your wife/girlfriend
(or significant other) come home with that twinkle--that joy, that sparkle?
 We commune with one another, they should likewise commune among themselves.

If I were married, the fullness of my wife's life is the fullness of my
life.

As Ben stated it  "is in our own best interest that they be allowed to
meet, unwind, release
their tensions, and as I said, be girls again; it is good for their sanity
and good for those of us with women. I see the difference in my wife
whenever she returns from these meetings."  This alone justifies the
exclusion of men and the respect of the meetings as a woman-only affair.

Stanford Ndubueze Obi