AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"YARL, RICHARD" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 21:48:00 -0500
--- Received from WPS.DBIC313  (608)223-5923        04-16-98  848p

    WOW! It's DR. ADEMOLA IYI-EWEKA AGAIN!(see note attached below)

Clearly and certainly, as I see it, Dr. Iyi-Eweka is doing a great job.
With pride and honesty, the works of this author have taken me back to my
African village, probably like yours, where everything that happens has a
unique meaning.  I have read all of the books listed and every time I
read them again and again, yes, again and again I find myself redefining
my role in our African community away from HOME.  Lots, if not all of
us, would see ourselves, one way or the other in most of the folktales
presented.  These folktales are awesome and mind awakening!
Truly, purchasing some or all of Dr. Iyi-Eweka's books listed, as I see
it, would mean a lot to all of us.  Firstly, you get reconnected to your
village; Secondly, you are supporting the dream of someone whom you know;
and Thirdly, the Ogiso Publications, established and owned by the author,
could be what you may need for your works sooner than later, hence doing
business with the person you know.  Isn't that great?  Isn't it true that
while it takes a village to raise a child, it also takes a village to make
each of us successful, resulting into a resourceful village ?  Success
is relative, though.

YOUR SUPPORT, WHATEVER FORM OR SHAPE, MAY MAKE A GREAT DIFFERENCE AND
WILL HIGHLY BE APPRECIATED.

Richard Yarl

5725 Raymond Rd., #1
Madison, WI 53711-4265