Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 02:10:14 +1100
I too have worked on locked cases. Depande on where the lock located and how the
lock works, sometimes it is possible to use a strong, flat, and small
screwdriver to break the lock from side or buttom. The case lock is not strong,
it is not hard to break it if spend some time to look around. I broke a locked
case with a knife two weeks ago.

Jun Qian

Kyle Elmblade wrote:

> Actually, I have run into cases that have "case" locks on them.  I am
> racking my brain trying to figure out the manufacturer, but I am nearly
> certain it was NOT Compaq.  If the case is indeed a lockable one, I remember
> getting around this (beings how the keys were long lost by the time we got
> to them) by using a strong, flat-head screwdriver, inserting it into the key
> portion, and turning it until the lock breaks.  Good luck.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html