Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 14:05:39 -0500
Kendra:  I got lost and can not tell if either one of you remember what started
this.  I think that doctors are unnecessary and I choose herbal/nutrition
remedies if needed.  I am Paleo though, and do not find a need but occasionally
drinking beet juice to beat the flu and rose hip tea to beat a cold (that once
every two years so far).  I am 26 and stopped going to doctors when I was 21.
My son has never seen a doctor and he is 14 months.  I think naturopaths and
chiropractors are unnecessary, also.  I am not going to say they are "quacks"
but the ones around here seem to be full of **it.  I am not saying I'll never
see them but I seriously doubt it.  If I did get real sick, I guess I would have
to re-evaluate and determine what road to travel then.  Don't you both agree
Paleo life just about eliminates the need for doctors or someone trained in
alternatives?  I suppose some people recovering from disease may need to watch
numbers and see doctors.  My dad with ulcerated colitis certainly isn't going to
eat Paleo and stop seeing doctors, no matter how good he feels.  He needs tests
to be sure it has not become cancer and is actually getting better with a Paleo
diet.  Hey, to each their own ... personally though, I do not trust medical
advisers that eat technology based foods. They obviously are not the ones to
turn to for medical advise.