From:
Staci Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 22:20:31 -0400
Greetings all! Was delighted to find this LIST, and wanted to share an inexpensive thickener, that I saw requested in the archives.  Dried Nettles.  You can find them at the health food store in bulk, or if you live in the right microclimate, harvest and prepare them (But don't forget those long sleeve shirt sleaves and leather gloves).  Living in the PNW I don't find it a problem finding them around the neighborhood and on trips to the coast.  This powder is a great added to potato soup. And the young tender shoots make a great soup pureed with chicken stock.