From:
Brian Chenensky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:44:35 -0400
Dear Members: I started the PaleoDiet two weeks ago, however, since I have
been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for the past 23 years, I am not (yet?) eating
meat or fish-only egg whites ( approx. 18/day), fruits, vegetables and a
little olive oil. I have not yet added nuts. I am 42 years old and type 2
(NIDDM) diabetic for the past 7 years. I was taking 5mg Glucotrol XL 4 times
a day and 500 mg Glucophage daily. Even with the pills, my morning blood
sugar was still 250 ( and my tryglicerides were 500+). after just a few days
on the PaleoDiet, my morning blood sugar is 125to140to150 - without any
pills. (I'll test my tryglicerides shortly). My weight has gone from 210 to
200. Aside from adding meat and fish, does anyone have any
suggestions/comments about my diet? Thanks in advance. Brian Chenensky, New
York, New York