NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lori Boldt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 08:11:21 -0500
We stared with skin tests which all tested negative and then did a peptide
test which tests for gluten and casien protein chains in the urine.  Brian
tested fine for the gluten but has a problem with the casien.  That is when
we started the dairy free diet.  We then had a blood food allergy testing
done by Great Smokies Lab.  Actually Brian tested only mildly allergic to
diary but extrememly allergy to pretty much all grains and nuts.  From there
we went to the gastroentologist who did a celiac blood screening which was
positive and next is the biopsy.  Hopefully this will be the end of our
testing and give us the answers we have been looking for.

Good Luck
Lori