NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 6 May 2000 02:08:28 +0100
On Fri, 5 May 2000 16:29:28 -0400, Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>At 11:43 PM 5/4/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>>There are even rulings that mother's milk
>>would be considered pareve when used as part of a meal, though I've never
>>heard of anyone testing this. <g>)
>
>Only for cannibals...
>
>:-)

I would presume its a consideration for mothers in the process of
weaning babies and combining small amounts of solids with
breastfeeding.  Presumably they would be allowed to give the baby a
small amount of mushed up veg and meat together and breast feed them
as well - at the same meal.

Weaning isn't instantaneous y'know!

Anyway - breast milk hardly constitutes cannibalism - or we'd all be
cannibals!

Megan