NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Zenzele Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 12:21:18 -0400
Our Kroger and hfs carries the soymage vegan (casein free) in
slices....american and mozz.  I have sprinkled water on the soymage before
making a grilled "cheese" sandwich and it turned out nicely, slightly
melted.  I'm planning on ordering the new Tofutti cheese to check it out.
You can order it in blocks now, and some on other lists have claimed its
very good.

Janice

though i have more faith in Tofutti to make nondairy products that actually taste good, i'll have to wait and see on this one.  each and every cheese substitute i've ever tasted has about the same appeal as rubber cement, and i've chosen not to even waste my time, and believe me, i've tried them all.  i hope tofutti comes closer than those other brands.

zenzele