NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 08:30:57 -0800
On Tue, 7 Mar 2000 11:08:56 EST E Coloura <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Does Parve or pareve mean that it should also contain no corn
> products?

No.  That's only the Passover thing.  And, to my understanding, it only
applies to US and not Isreali products.  There is something about grains
in the passover laws and there are 2 separate "interpretations".  I
believe it also means that there is no soy.  As we have trouble with
corn, now is my time to go to the Kosher stores and stock up for the year
:-)  I have found some pretty good boullion and soup mix type things that
are Kosher Passover and have a good shelf life.  I don't care for the
canned broths bc they use potato starch which I think gives it a funny
taste.

Kathy P.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.